Sunday, July 18, 2010

Just a Test

I'm attempting a new way to look at life, as per this quote (compliments of the Internet)
"Life is a test. It is only a test. Had this been a real life, you would have been given instructions on where to go and what to do."

Although I didn't find this quote until after completing this, my mini end-of-the-school-year project kind of reflects these ideas. See this?
It's a mini clothesline!
Up in the tree like this, it looks like a little elf went out to dry her clothes. It made me smile.
I wrote down the pattern for each piece, so I'll see if I can get the pattern out later. All yarn was handspun, including the clothesline itself, which was flax.

I tried to make it chronicle a woman's life, from her birth, to her first prom dress, to her wedding, to the birth of her first child. It's a tad existential, but it seemed appropriate, what with all of the changes going on, college apps and such.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mickey said...

I want to know more about this elf. Is she a feminist or is she more a survivalist type? Does she have family in the area? Is she an avid eco-freak or do all elves create clothing and other textiles all from scratch to minimize their global footprint?
BTW what an awesome quote. may you ever "Spin, Knit, Purl and Be Happy"