Tuesday, August 19, 2008

And I Thought I Would Post More Often!

Color guard (not me in the video; I just youtubed it) was as tiring as I thought it would be. We have the two songs (both by Queen: Don't Stop Me Now and Bohemian Rhapsody) choreographed for the flags, but now we have to work it into the band's routine.

I also went to the State Fair with my cardigan, and got a superior, which I'm really happy about. The judge said that I had my work cut out for me to top this next year. I thought that was nice of her.

And what is my plan for next year, you might ask?
Well, it includes:

-roughly 1,000 yards of handspun silk with gradual color changes
-a mesh ruffle at the hem,
-and a ribbon at the waist!

Yep, a dress. This is going to be my ideal prom dress. I am not planning on going to any proms any time soon, and may not, even in the very far future, but at least I'll know I can make a dress!

I probably won't start it until Christmas or so--I have a lot of other projects I need to catch up on, like this bolero....
.....which doesn't really look like a bolero yet, and I am kinda having some issues with the fact that the back (on top) is shorter than the left front (below the back). Since this is the second of my four Ravelympics projects, I'm going to have to pick up the pace a little to get everything (or at least Ryan and Riley's presents; they've been in the back of my head and my queue for too long) done by the end of the Olympics.

Did I mention I still have homework to do?

And a room to clean?

Yeah, umm....I'd best be off.

1 comment:

Tama said...

Good job at the fair! Good luck getting all of that work done on time.