Saturday, August 09, 2008

Ravelympics Day 2

Beginning on Tuesday, I went on a trip to Ohio for school. On Friday, (the first day of the Olympics and the Ravelympics), we drove back. I got a good seven or eight hour car ride to work on my first project, fingerless gloves for my little brother. It was just the right amount of time. John loves them--and they fit. (Score!)I did the finishing today, and hope to go to a Michaels or JoAnn's this week to get the yarn for the other competition I am in: Baby Dressage. I also need needles for the gloves I would like to make for myself.

Unfortunately for my yarny plans, I have color guard (aka waving flags in pretty ways) all day, every day next week, and no planned long car rides till after the Olympics end. The knitting (and blogging) will be sporadic, but a little more updated than usual.

4 comments:

Sisterly Knits said...

Those gloves look great!! I'm glad he liked them, and that they fit. It's usually the problem that something doesn't fit. =P Good luck in the RO!

Tama said...

I want a nice long road trip so I can get some knitting done! The fingerless gloves are great--love the colors!

Sarah said...

Dang girl- those were a quick knit

aksunflour said...

I am impressed.

Good job we each got a medal in Ravelympics. will have to check out your queue for the baby dressage item.

Still haven't any idea what color guard is.