Saturday, April 21, 2007

So Many Patterns, So Little Time!

For 4-H, I am going to enter an outfit into the fair under Heritage Arts. I've alread decided the skirt, but I'm working on finding a top pattern. I'm considering a shirt from the book The Yarn Girl's Guide To Simple Knits. There's also this. I'd have to change the pattern drastically since I am rather small. Do you think it would look weird if I changed it to 3/4 arm sleeves? I could also do this. This might not match with the skirt...I'm not sure. I will keep on updating you with this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you did 3/4ths sleeves with that pattern, I would suggest making the bell of the sleeve smaller. I can't imagine those big cuffs starting halfway up my forearm.

Check out my Subway Sweater pattern (it's a .pdf in my sidebar). It's essentially the Spring Breeze top done up in different sizes, and with narrower sleeves.

I suppose that you could also tweak the shape of the sleeve altogether.

Hmmm--I'm curious to see what you create.