Thursday, October 25, 2007

End Of (UF)October Rush

I only just realized yesterday that the end of October is in a week-and I don't have my socks done yet!(That would be my second sock-cast on this morning!)
So I'll be knitting like crazy to try and get one more WIP in the FO pile before this cool game called UFOctober is over.
I am also working on my exception for UFOcober, my blanket. This is how far I am on spinning the first third of my roving:
The color is a bit brighter than that...but you get the idea.
I'm hoping to get all of the spinning for my project done by the end of this year, then actually do the knitting bit next year-think I can make it?

The really observant of you readers can see I have a new button on my sidebar for some strange thing called NaNoWriMo. November is National Novel Writing Month. The challenge? Try to write a 50,000 word novel just in the month of November-no later, and no earlier. The cool people over there have this website where you can keep track of the number of words you have done, meet other people who are working under the same self-imposed stress as you are. I'm gonna try and do it, so if my posts get more erratic and less often than they usually are, that's why.

I have been planning my story (which is allowed before November starts, thank goodness), and it's turning out pretty good. I can't wait for October to end so I can start it for real!
But first, I should really get that sock done.....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

NaNoWriMo - I think my mother is going to do that. I am half tempted but my new hobby, spinning, is taking up too much time :)

aksunflour said...

Good luck- may just pass that link on to my sis.

Writing a novella- just isn't me.

love the sock- you could just make footies... but since one is done, the other ought to match.

aka Janet

Anonymous said...

Good luck! I've tried doing stuff like that before, it just didn't work for me! I'm sure you will be able to get it done! Good luck on the socks as well!

Sarah said...

I love those socks, I can't wait to see them finished. A novel with everything else? You are super-girl. Can I hire out your extra energy?

heather t said...

Cute socks! I don't think I saw the top before. What is that pattern?

I checked out the Nanowrimo (too long to be an abbreviation in my book, pun intended); interesting. I heard about it last year in passing. I am half tempted, but I think I have too much going on.