Saturday, October 06, 2007

A FO!

Yep!
I have something actually done!
True, it's done before #2 is finished (my super-secret presents for my close friends), but at least I have something to cross off my list, especially since I've joined Heather T's UFOctober!
Neat button, yes?
I am not sure how to add this to my sidebar, so if anyone has tips, I'm all ears! (UPDATE: I now have UFOctober on my sidebar! Thanks Janet!)
The pattern I ended up picking was doing the "fire" design for 20 inches, regular garter stitch for 17 inches, then the "fire" design again for another 20 inches. It turned out to be the perfect length to either throw around your shoulder, or folding it in half and feeding the two ends through the hole you end up with (does that make sense? I hope I'm not confusing anyone-I'll have pictures of the "styles" I'm talking about soon!)
Meanwhile, we've been cleaning up the old stasharoo here at Spin, Knit, Purl and be Happy-it's been tough, but I've been giving up a lot of yarn-acrylic, itchy stuff mostly, but hey, it's yarn, and it's been mine, at least for a while... :-(
I was surprised at the number of bitty little balls I have collected over the years. Dad had a big plastic tub that used to hold pretzels, so we're collecting all of the balls in there, as it's fun to look at each ball and remember the project it was used for...
I hope it's not weird how I have kept the little strings, some not even a foot long (that little yellow ball in the middle is one of them). Any one else out there who does this?!

While some people may hoard pictures or write in a journal to remember what they've done and what they were thinking, I have little balls of yarn. They remind me of the projects I have done, which I guess you could say gives me a little encouragement.

Come on, don't tell me you wouldn't feel good about yourself if you put all your mini balls of yarn into one place and you saw you had enough leftover yarn from completed projects to practically fill a pretzel jar. I'm sure you'd be as proud as I am now.
I'm willing to bet some of you have already done this!
(please? someone? anyone?)

5 comments:

aksunflour said...

the scarf turned out great! Way to go.

As for posting buttons go to this website there is an easy step by step way to do it. I did it- so it's not to hard.
http://www.bloggingbasics101.com/101/linking/index.html

And what are you going to do w/all those scrap balls of yarn?

heather t said...

Haven't displayed all my leftover yarn like that, but I WANT to - it looks so cute!

No prob joining UFOctober - glad to have you aboard!!

Anonymous said...

Once again, LOVE the scarf. The colors are awesome.

I have a couple Yarn-tainers (or something-or-other) that are stuff with yarny odds and ends, though I don't think I have seen them since we moved. Hmmm...

Tama said...

I have hundreds of little leftovers in varying sizes and I love how you have displayed yours! What a great idea. Yes, as I go through them I remember all the project that I made with each one. Maybe that's why I don't do scrapbooking--I do yarn leftovers instead.

Sarah said...

I don't have my leftovers in a jar, but I have them in a bowl! I love the little balls :)