Thursday, October 11, 2007

Yes, I Am Alive...

And yes, I have been knitting. Unfourtunatley, it's nothing blog-allowable. I'm close to finishing the 2nd super-secret project, so I will soon have knitting to be able to show you!

In the meantime...

I have been doing a bit of spinning! The white is some wool I did during a spinning demonstration at this museum fall party. The orangey-red is, as all of you recognise, from Mom's scarf. I have some extra silk, so I figure I can make a skein of 50% wool, 50% silk.

Obviously I have a ways to go on the silk-it's a bit harder to take a spinning wheel to school, and with the craziness after school, I don't really have time to spin--I'm lucky to have this much done! I guess this is another UFO I can work on!

4 tests/quizzes tomorrow--oh goody!

5 comments:

aksunflour said...

Good luck studying. Your spinning wheel looks relaxing.

Anonymous said...

Good luck on your tests! The spinning looks great! I hate it when I can't post pictures or talk about my knitting!

Tama said...

Good luck on tests/quizzes! It seems like there is always something mundane interferring with what you really would like to do (LOL!). Your spinning looks so nice!

Anonymous said...

Hope the tests and quizzes go well (or went well). I envy your ability to spin. I should try it but the last thing I need is ANOTHER addiction :)

Knittypants said...

The spinning looks like fun. Making your own yarn must feel so good.