Monday, September 03, 2007

Happy Labor Day!

In light of not having school today, I did do some knitting-however, my camera doesn't seem to want to talk to the computer right now, so we'll just have to live with verbal explanations, won't we?

I found the blue yarn ball for my sock, and one sock is finished, and fits perfectly. However, its mate will have to be put on hold, as the yarn (not me, the yarn) forgot to make an edging for the cardigan, so I had to visit the frog pond for a while, but now I'm back on track.

Remember the goals I set for myself at the beginning of the summer?
Well, I've been updating them, and adding a few, but in recent weeks, I suddenly found I had a lot more projects than I have written in one place. So, seeing as my planned post (that was complete with pictures) has been ruined, today I will make a list of my knitting goals for the 2007-2008 school year. It is in order of when I plan on finishing them, not necessarily the order I plan on starting them! :)

1) Finish BBR's sweater and put buttons on both his and his sister's ALL DONE!!

2) Make presents for 3 close friends (No, I'm not even going to hint about what they will be-these WIP will be strictly off-blog until they are given to their recipients!)

3) Make a Phoenix scarf for my DM (I just got the book!)DONE!

4) Dye, spin, design and knit a blanket of my own creation. I am planning the design now, but will have to wait for the resources to start the spinning/dyeing. This will probably be a 4-H project.

5) Finish the "Cut Your Teeth" socks

6) Knit my own pants-4H project?

7) Knit socks in school colors using the Quidditch Socks pattern from Charmed Knits


8) Make two Sheldons for BBR and BGR-this doesn't have to be by this year. They probably won't be able to play with it or be cute with it till they're 2 or 3....
Thanks to Knittypants for her post on the cute turtles to introduce me to them!

3 comments:

aksunflour said...

Wow! good job on finishing most of what you wanted to do this summer.
As for pants- the Elizabeth Zimmermann KAL is doing pants this month. Should be interesting- and the phoenix tears scarf will be exquisite.

Sarah said...

Great goals! Can't wait to see the sock. Sounds like you enjoyed your holiday!

Anonymous said...

You do more than I! Thanks for commenting!