Monday, September 24, 2007

Lookie what I Got!

Last Saturday, DM and I went to a guild meeting, and one of the ladies there was selling the wool which her Rambouillette sheep had grown the past year. Well, I can't pass any spinning fiber, so I got this:
The darker colored roving is actually a bit more brown than black...I'm thinking of making some Knucks for my little brother for Christmas. The last time I made gloves for him, they kinda ended up a bit wonky. I hope this pattern works better! :)
Speaking of presents, I finished Mom's yarn for her scarf-I have finished the fire part of the Phoenix, but I am not sure how to go on. Should I add a fuzzy fiber for the feathers, or just let it be only silk and continue on? I'm leaning toward the adding a fuzzy yarn, but I don't really have any fuzzy yarn in the stash that goes with the orange, pink, yellow and red in the yarn. Hmmmmm....
And now, a Ravelry update!
Found you!
You signed up on July 19, 2007
You are #18748 on the list.
1285 people are ahead of you in line.
17140 people are behind you in line.
48% of the list has been invited so far.

Hoy es martes, el veinte y cinco, de septiembre del dos mil siete.
Spanish speakers out there: Did I write that right?

4 comments:

aksunflour said...

The scarf question required a bit of research. Thankfully I still had Charmed Knits checked out. So- upon re-reading your question and reading the pattern. I think fuzzy would be great- what about hot pink? The tail would stand out a bit more.

I am glad that you posted the Ravelry update- as my next comment was going to be about how you abandoned us to go over there.

I deciphered your Spanish enough to see that today is the 25th of September 2007.

Anonymous said...

Fuzzy would look awesome! I can't wait until you get your Ravelry invite! It is so awesome!

debolsillo said...

Hi:
In spanish is: hoy es martes, veinticinco de septiembre de dos mil siete. ;)
You did it pretty well!

Tama said...

I agree with Sarah, I think fuzzy would look great! You can always go to the LYS and get some that matches--just be careful, I always end up with way more yarn when I leave than what I originally went in for.