Tuesday, September 25, 2007

A Random Ball of Green Handspun, Plus a Random Pair of Knitting Needles = ?

A random hair tie!
Last week was Homecoming week at my school-each day was a different time period. During 50s day (I think), I knitted up this little number-
(With a little bit of guess-and-check, I took this picture myself!)
The pattern is really easy, so I'll put it here:
Row 1:CO 1 st
Row 2:k through the f&b of st
Row 3:k through the f&b of first st, k to end
Row 4:K all sts
Rep from row 2 however many times until 8 sts on needle, then do garter st till piece measures three times the length of your face.
*Next row: K2tog, k to end
Next row: K2tog, k to end
Next row: K all sts
Rep from * until there is just one st left-fasten off.
Cut string, weave in loose ends, and proudly wear!

PS: Thanks to Debolsollo for advice on my Spanish (I got that right on my test too; how could I have forgotten since then?!), and to Tama, Janet and Sarah for the Phoenix scarf yarn ideas-I just need to get to a LYS soon to get the yarn! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the hair tie!

Tama said...

Wow! What a cute idea! I love it and the posibilities are endless--colors, stitches, and even novelty yarn. Fun stuff.

Sarah said...

those would make great gifts, too! I like it!

Anonymous said...

that's super cute! this is sarah from Mr. McGrew's summer writing class, by the way. hi =)