Sunday, June 24, 2007

D'ja Miss Me?

Camp was tons of fun....my brother can't wait until next year (we did the session together).
I did get some knitting and spinning done while I was there, though....

One color.... and the other
This is the roving I got in the mail. Not exactly the colors I wanted, but according to some of the counselors in camp, they matched for fall colors. Well, now I have a logical reason to go to the Fold: get colors that match and which I like. Normally, I wouldn't go for these colors, but I can say these were my practice socks.
At camp, they do many arts and crafts.....

My Camp Bowl
My roving fit into this bowl perfectly!
I also did some tie-dyeing!

MY TIE-DYED YARN!
Yes, you are looking at DYED YARN!!! The lady who helped with the tie-dyeing said that she had only dyed 100% cotton things, nothing 100% wool. She was willing to try it, however, and I began to dye the skein dark green. Yes, I started out with dark green, but a lot of the dye came out during the rinsing. It worked for my purpose, though.
And what was my purpose?

Well, one of the counselors is getting married in the fall, so I figured that, as a wedding gift/thank-you-for-being-my-counselor gift, I made a pot holder-one side was white, the other green, since green was her favorite color. I didn't think to take a picture of it (and I finished it the same day we left camp, so my camera was packed anyway, but you can imagine it.

On the way home on a bus where they take a bunch of kids halfway home so they can catch flights or their parents don't have to drive so far (does that make sense??), I made this headband for a camper who had been in my cabin-she had fallen in love with the green yarn, calling it Yarny.....something I would do!

2 comments:

aksunflour said...

Welcome home! Sounds like you had fun at camp. I really miss going away to camp. :( One of the many things that you can't do as an adult/parent. But my kids go to camp. 5 more years for Bumpkins.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! your blog is awesome! i reckonized a lot of the pictures, you took them on your bed didnt u? see ya!
-Kayleigh