Friday, June 08, 2007

Happy Birthday Dad!

OK, this is a couple days late, but better late than never, right?
My dad is so cool. He's one of those people who always, no matter what, finds the good side of things.
He also acts like a little kid in a candy store whenever he is within the vicinity of any sort of project store (think Home Depot and Hobby Lobby).
When my dad was a kid (when the dinosaurs roamed the earth, or so he says), he used to catch copperheads (yes, that type of copperheads) and crayfish in the creek/forest behind his house. He also played catch with his cat. I can just imagine the poor thing yowling as it went from person to person. He claims the cat never felt any ill will toward him.
I can't believe he lived past 20.
My dad is a project man. Currently, his project is creating a water table that shows what happens to runoff during a storm. (I should mention he's a floodplain manager) He wants to have a day called rain day. Well, that's my project dad for you.
Love you, Daddy!

No comments: