Friday, July 20, 2007

The Fair Is Coming! The Fair Is Coming!

Next week, anyway.

Yes, there are little explanations for each item which will be at the fair. I also will be with each item as they are being judged, so the judges could ask questions if they wanted to. You will be getting the shorter version, as some of it would not exactly apply to this blog, or you already know what I'm talking about, so I might as well not waste your time over it.

However, I thought you would like to see what I'm entering!
First up: Ceramics!
I am just entering one item in ceramics, not the possible 2 (one with a pattern, one handmade) The duck is a present for my grandma, for her birthday. The vase is what I am entering into the fair.
Originally, it was just a white clay vase. I added the designs
and color. See the white part on the left side of the vase (the right part of your screen)? That's where I didn't put enough paint. Next time, I will probably be more careful as to how much paint I put on.
Next is a textbook on entrepreneurship. Entrepreneurship is
having your own business. I got around 10 activities done in here, that ought to be worth something! :)And now, the yarny entries!
You already know the outfit for the Heritage Arts class....

Aaaaand now, the fiber class!
I wrote the patterns for these doll clothes-a poncho, a shirt, 2 skirts, and 2 pairs of slippers/socks. My American Girl Doll is modeling the outfits. I wrote the patterns and I have them all typed up and nice....perhaps when I figure out how to put a PDF file onto the blog, I'll make the patterns public!

1 comment:

aksunflour said...

Thanks for the explanation (lol). I didn't realize that when you talked to the judges there was an actual name- and I have been a 4-H judge before. Good job on the knitting. Hope you get some best of show ribbons and grand prize.