Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Number 50!

This is the 50th post of this blog! Hooray!
OK, enough of my weird number delights. Here's some pictures:

This is the first sleeve on the baby sweater...the last place I was knitting this at, I didn't have a measuring tape, so instead of just knitting till the cows came home and frog later, I decided to stop knitting until I got home and found the measuring tape. Guess what: I was only at 3 inches. Wonderful.

And what do we have here?
Above is the yarn for the cuff, toe and heel of my most recent socks. The diamond thingies on the side there are part of the cuff for one sock. Unfortuantley, the needles I need are making the baby sweater. That is definetly top on the list of knitting things to do!

Below is the yellow yarn I am spinning for the rest of the sock.I split the 4 ounce roving into 3 parts. I will spin a 1/3 of the roving onto different bobbins, then use a fourth bobbin to ply (spin) them together. I tried with the blue to spin 1/2 onto one bobbin, and 2/3 onto another bobbin, and make the latter bobbin into a center-pull ball. That didn't work--I lost the center-pull, as it got too tangled inside the ball. Hope the different way works!

I hope that the next time I post, you will be seeing a completed sleeve, and maybe some finished summer homework!

Oh, yeah: I did get all blue ribbons- as well as one class champion, the doll clothes (dark purple ribbon), and one reserved champion, my outfit (pale purple ribbon).

1 comment:

aksunflour said...

YES!!!! Way to go on reserve champion ribbon. That is just way too cool. Good job!!!