Saturday, July 14, 2007

I Went Shopping!

For roving, that is.
First up, the fiber for my next project. The blue will be the cuff, heel and toe, while the yellow will be the rest!

Now, don't look at me like that. I know I need to make the baby sweaters, and that I have other things on the list, but hey, a girl's gotta have something to spin, right? Right?!? Next is something I need to have, anyway.
I'm doing this volunteer thing to teach kids how to spin, and how people did it in the olden days. Since I need to have a natural fiber, the above was what I chose.
The next two, I have no excuse. I just need something to spin for fun, as something to do other than homework the first week or so of school. These fibers are off-limits till the end of August.This is just an ounce of merino/silk blend, nothing super-special. I don't usually pick green, so I thought it would be nice to have a change of pace, color-wise.

Now, this is the treat. It's an ounce worth of silk cap, which is a bunch of silk cocoons flattened out. I'm not sure whether or not I'll dye it, but it'll be fun to spin.

Happy Saturday!


No comments: