Friday, August 24, 2007

Oh, Wow

It's Friday! Did you know that?
Yeah, OK, you probably do. Don't worry, I do too-but I can hardly believe it. First 3 days of school- gone. I hope the rest of the year doesn't go by quite as fast-I'll barely have time to study!
Today, I have a little thing for a friend of mine-(notice how it's purple? Huh? Huh?) :)
I have a really good friend who had a special day yesterday. Unfortunately, the power went out before I had the time to write this up, or even call!:( -sorry!
I wonder if she brought treats to school (we now go to different schools-we didn't last year).
I wonder how many people wished her "Happy Birthday!" (My minimum guess? 100-and that's not even close to all of the lives she's touched with her smile!)
I wonder when she's read this, how much homework she has tonight. Not too much, I hope.
I wonder how she's doing on her knitting, if the pillow I made her for Christmas last year hasn't lost all of its stuffing yet (if it has, I'll bring more stuffing and a needle and thread the next time I come over, kay?).
But what I wonder most of all is whether I've said "Thank you" enough times to cover the friendship I feel. I am so lucky, so blessed to have this wonderful girl as a friend. She's kind, loving, smart, supportive, attentive, happy-go-lucky, huggy, giggly, hyper, and a lover of mints.

Many happy returns, Sridivya!
You're a terrific friend!!


Coming Soon (aka when I get my homework done)-
How far did Fiber Chic get on her sock?
What were the responses to 4 tiny pointy sticks being gallivanted around the school?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know what your classmates responses to them were, but when a coworker saw me knitting with bamboo DPNs, she shook her head in amazement and muttered something about magical ability to knit with chopsticks :)

aksunflour said...

You changed your web page! I just love the kitty... did you know that her head follows the arrow/cursor thing? And she also swipes at you.. I will come here to just play with her. LOL I gotta' get a life.