Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Stolen Time

I don't have much homework today, but the past few days have had lots of homework in various classes-I guess that since it's the middle of the week, the teachers are giving everyone a little break.
I'm happy about that. My knitting is happy, too!
I am right at the heel, which is supposed to be blue. I'm searching for the blue ball of yarn-I had it Sunday, put it down...and it seems to have decided to wander off.
"Here, yarny yarn yarn.....I've got some needles that are missing you! Why don't you come back?"

I know what you're thinking. You're thinking that I've started a new project. Well, yes and no. Yes, I just cast on another project, but no, this isn't a new one. This is the friend to the pink cardigan I finished a week or so ago. I can't wait till they are both done, so that I put them next to each other and coo. However, the cardigans aren't the same as seeing the babies to which the jackets will soon be owned by.
I stopped by our neighbor's house, where the twins (which I will call Baby Girl R, or BGR and Baby Boy R, or BBR) were. When I came to help, both were asleep, with BGR drooling (but it was very cute drool). Their mother was holding BBR, and I got to hold him. I accidentally woke him up, and he fussed quietly until Mommy was within reach. He (and his sister) are so adorable-I can't wait to see the cardigans on them. However, I still need to get buttons for the pink one, and, as you can see, I have a lot to do on the boy cardigan.
And now, it's time for "School Conversations"
Several people observed that I would get suspended if I kept on bringing my knitting needles to school. (I haven't, and I've talked to several teachers about knitting, so I guess I'm safe!) Other people asked me to knit them sweaters, and one boy swore at me when I said I wouldn't be able to-but hey, it's just the life of a freshman knitter.
PS: I have a new addition to my sidebar-a poll. If you're reading this, could you answer the question? Thanks.

5 comments:

aksunflour said...

I was wondering how you were doing w/knitting needles at school (what w/security in some schools- like what are you going to do stab someone's eye out? Umm.... well if it was me- yep. And I would have been expelled for it to, no sharp objects for me).

The kitty is so adorable- I was playing w/it while waiting for your poll to load.

Anonymous said...

The twins sound like they are so cute. They're gonna love their cardis. Well, as much as babies love anything :-)

Anonymous said...

I take my knitting to school everyday! Once right before Christmas someone asked me to knit them a scarf and I like blew up at them. A good reason to get Christmas presents done early!

Sarah said...

The sock is looking great. I hope you find the blue ball of yarn soon.

The cardigans are going to be adorable. I can't wait to see this one finished!

Keep on knitting at school until they find some reason to say no to your needles. My kids' school actually teaches knitting as part of third grade math so I think they's be thrilled to see needles still on campus after that!

aksunflour said...

Here is a link for honeysuckle
http://www.inhs.uiuc.edu/chf/outreach/VMG/bhnysckl.html
The one in my yard is an out of control pink. They bloom in June and have red berries right now.