Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Ooooh!

No, the "Ooooh" is not about the baby sweater (which will be done this week, I promise...), nor does it have to do with the fact I am finally posting early in the day. In fact, it is about more fiber to spin! Yay!!!
Please excuse the bad pictures--I tried to get good ones, I really did...
At the county fair (where I entered my shirt and skirt, the American Girl Doll clothes, etc), a nearby spinning shop had a booth. Our family looked around, and this

is what I found. It's unwashed (though still soft) alpaca. I got an ounce for 3 dollars, and brought it on my "playdate" with a friend of the family. I showed the 2nd grader how to brush the fiber, and we ended up with about 3/4 of the ounce looking like this:


However, there's still little bits of dirt and stuff, so I'll probably rebrush everything. Next time I see my friend, I'm going to bring a drop spindle, and show her how to spin the yarn. Perhaps we can make something together for her from the yarn!

Next order of business (see if you can guess what it is):

You signed up on July 19, 2007
You are #18748 on the list.
10986 people are ahead of you in line.
3505 people are behind you in line.
33% of the list has been invited so far

Yep! I'm in the Ravelry queue! I was going to post this sooner, but I sorta got distracted! :) I can't wait till I get my invite, although that will probably be when Ravelry is open to everyone....

2 comments:

heather t said...

I checked myself last night and was shocked to see I am less than 400 invites away!

Nice fleece!

Anonymous said...

Ravelry is worth the wait. I waited about a month for my invite and have been having so much fun with it :)